We offer short-term, emergency accommodation for men and women who might otherwise be homeless. In addition to a bedroom and meals, we provide:
- A resettlement and reconnection service to work with you to find a more suitable place to live long-term.
- Support and advocacy for you when you attend appointments.
- A range of activities including sports, leisure and creative workshops plus signposting to other activities in the City.Staff who specialise in dealing with alcohol and substance misuse, mental health issues, support for ex-service personnel and counselling.
- Sessions to help you build upon your basic skills such as budgeting, cooking, dealing with the authorities, IT, managing debt and living independently.
- The chance for you to be involved in how we run our service – from helping us design our procedures and the activities programme, to volunteering with us to support the running of the centre.
- Visiting specialists such as the nurse, chiropodist, HIV/Hep workers, drug and alcohol recovery workers, mental health teams, Samaritans and Jimmy’s multi-faith chaplain.
- External service user-led groups who you can speak to about issues that affect you.
- Signposting to external, specialist agencies and services in the area.
- Access to the internet to help you with resources, research and to keep in contact with friends and family.
- The support of over 200 volunteers from the community who work with us to ensure you get the most from your stay at Jimmy’s.
Category: Need Help?