Volunteers are an important and valued part of Jimmy’s. We hope that you enjoy volunteering with us and feel a full part of our team.
This agreement tells you what you can expect from us, and what we will expect from you. We aim to be flexible, so please let us know if you would like to make any changes and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
We, Jimmy’s, will do our best to:
- introduce you to how the organisation works and your role in it, and to provide any training that you need
- provide an opportunity for feedback so that you can tell us if you are happy with your work and get feedback from us
- respect your skills, dignity and individual wishes and to do our best to meet them
- pay your travel expenses and provide meals and refreshments as appropriate
- consult with you and keep you informed of possible changes
- insure you against injury you suffer or cause due to negligence
- provide a safe workplace
- adhere to our equal opportunities policy
- adhere to our complaints procedure if there is any problem
As a volunteer, we will expect you:
- work reliably to the best of your ability
- give as much warning as possible whenever you cannot work when expected
- follow Jimmy’s rules and procedures, including health and safety, equal opportunities and confidentiality
More details on these issues are provided in a Volunteer Handbook.
Note: This agreement reflects the hopes and intentions of the volunteer and the charity and is not contractually binding in any way on either party.
If you would like to volunteer at Jimmy’s, please email Ros@jimmyscambridge.org.uk or call 01223 576085.